Resources for Sport Programs & Organizations
We will update this page regularly as we become aware of new resources. Last updated: April 14, 2020.
Have a resource suggestion? Email us and we'll add it to the list.
- May 13, 2020: 9:00 AM PST - Brain Trust, a conversation on stress and sport
- Join world-renowned trauma expert, Dr. Bruce Perry, and We Coach Founder, Megan Bartlett, as we discuss the unique healing power of sport. We'll break down strategies that coaches can use to buffer the stress young people are feeling and make the case for why coaches and sport programs should be on the front lines of supporting young people through this crisis and into the future.
- May 1, 2020 12:00 PM - Washington Trails Association: Hike Smart: Your questions answered
- We are as excited as you are that more hiking opportunities will soon be accessible. WTA is here to answer your COVID-19 hiking-related questions, at least as many as we can in 45 minutes. Learn what is ahead for hikers and trails. Plus, trivia, prizes and a shared love of the outdoors!
- University of Washington (UW) School Mental Health Assessment, Research, & Training (SMART) Center:
- MAY 20, 2020: “The Impact of COVID-19 on School Mental Health in Washington
- WHO: Chris Reykdal - Washington State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 from 8:30 – 9:45am
- RSVP HERE
- Edgeworks: Weekly webinars on trauma-informed support for youth during this time
- Sports Philanthropy: Webinars every Mon., Wed., Friday on a range of topics
- Aspen Institute: Weekly Webinars on a range of topics about what lies ahead for youth sports
- Outdoor Industry Association: COVID-19 Resources for the Outdoor Industry
- Conservation Fund: Seeking ideas and sharing solutions for gateway and rural communities during the pandemic
- Beyond Sport Community Chats: Monthly chats for the sports community
- Reaching At-Promise Student Association: Webinar about connecting with at-promise students during this time
- Laureus Virtual Training Camp: A series of online trainings and discussions that will allow sports-based youth development professionals to connect and invest in themselves, their programs, and their craft. Weekly.
- For the Love of the Game, a sports-based youth development organization out of Canada is offering a free, three-day conference featuring experts across a range of physical activity, physical literacy, and sport topics
What Now?! How the Coronavirus is Changing Interscholastic Sports Across the Country - Coaches Insider / AD Insider
How the Stimulus Bill Could Help Youth Sports - The Aspen Institute
- Federal Stimulus Bill - online links to CARES stimulus act docs:
- A summary of the stimulus package is available here.
- A section-by-section of the stimulus package is available here.
- A question and answer document on the stimulus package is available here.
- Nearly $350 billion to create a Paycheck Protection Program that will provide loans of up to $10 million. Up to eight weeks of average payroll and other costs will be forgiven if the business retains its employees. Principal and interest will be deferred for up to a year and all borrower fees are waived. More information on whether or not your business qualifies for the Paycheck Protection Program and how to apply is available here.
- Ten billion dollars to provide grants of up to $10,000 to small businesses that apply for a SBA economic injury disaster loan (EIDL) within three days of applying for the loan. The grant does not need to be repaid, even if the grantee is subsequently denied an EIDL. More information on whether or not your business qualifies for a SBA EIDL and how to apply is available here.
Important Updates Regarding SOWA's COVID-19 Response - School's Out Washington
School's Out Washington is offering weekly calls, a Slack channel and state-level resources for direct service providers
City of Seattle Weekly Webinars: Seattle Department of Neighborhoods is hosting weekly webinars every Friday from 2:30-4:00pm to connect community to information regarding COVID-19. Each week will cover different topics.