ACCEL Program Structure
ACCEL coaches will complete three different requirements to earn the coaching certificate:
- Impact Series workshop: Coaches will attend a three-day session on the UW Seattle campus, engaging in group discussion, activities, and coaching labs.
- Fieldwork: Coaches will capture video of themselves in action, working with their athletes. Coaches will be responsible for reviewing the footage and submitting a reflection for three different video assignments. Feedback will be provided by the CLA.
- On-Your-Own's (OYO's): Coaches will choose three topics from a variety of podcasts and videos, produced and curated by the ACCEL training team to review and connect to their coaching work through a reflective assignment.
Coaches enrolled in ACCEL can complete the certificate on their own timeline following attendance at the Impact Series workshop.
Curriculum Themes and Topics
Role of a coach as a leader, educator, and teacher
- Athlete-centered approach to social-emotional skill building and leadership development
- Relationship-building and creating positive team culture
- Effective communication skills for maximizing impact
- Physical training, planning for a season, and long-term athlete development
- High quality instructional delivery and feedback
- Working effectively with parents, athletes, and other coaches
Additional questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org