UW Center for Leadership in Athletics

June 15, 2021

Some exciting changes are happening at the CLA!

CLA Director Announcement - Dr. Hannah Olson

We are thrilled to announce that long-time Assistant Director, Dr. Hannah Olson, has been named the Director of the Center!

This shift comes as we widen our scope of coach development work through CoachUp! Washington, a collaborative project with the WIAA that is being funded through the Susan Crown Exchange Million Coaches Challenge Grant. Hannah will serve in a project management capacity for the initiative and will take on additional leadership responsibilities within the Center.  “I am proud and excited to take on this leadership role within the CLA.  We have exciting work ahead, and I’m looking forward to helping guide activity and decision-making. Our CLA team is an incredible collective of passionate educators and leaders and I’m energized by what is possible with this group.  I’ve worn lots of hats over the years that have prepared me for this opportunity, and I’m ready to get going!”

Dr. Sara Lopez will remain the Director of the Intercollegiate Athletic Leadership and Leadership in Higher Education M.Ed. programs and continue to oversee CLA-affiliated undergraduate courses.  Sara has also been appointed to an Area Chair role within the College of Education and will assume an expanded leadership role within the COE.

We are excited to have Hannah as our Director as we continue to make an impact in athletics!