ACCEL is a program derived from research findings from the Center’s Ambitious Coaching Project, our nationally recognized graduate program, and years of conducting training for local and national youth sport organizations. Coaches will complete the Impact Series workshops, use video review and reflection for in-season video fieldwork, and take customized electives that help them refine their craft. Curriculum themes and topics include:
- Role of a coach as a leader, educator, and teacher
- Athlete-centered approach to social-emotional skill building and leadership development
- Relationship-building and creating positive team culture
- Effective communication skills for maximizing impact
- Physical training, planning for a season, and long-term athlete development
- High quality instructional delivery and feedback
- Working effectively with parents, athletes, and other coaches
Coaches enrolled in ACCEL can complete the Certificate in as little as 3 months, though we expect most participants to finish in 6-12 months. Coaches who complete program requirements will receive an ACCEL Sport Coaching Certificate from the UW Center for Leadership in Athletics. This is a non-credit bearing certificate.
Additional Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested? Sign up below!